Monday, July 30

Yesterday's post

I got a worried email today about the post I posted when I was mad yesterday, so I went back and read it over to see if what I said was that bad. You know what, IT WAS! Jesus Christ, what an attitude I get sometimes! But you know what, it felt so good to get it out! It's a lot better than saying ugly words to your spouse that you can't take back, and I don't mind tellin' you, I wanted to say ugly words ;-)!

The whole thing seems so funny now. It was all about Jamila getting a third bowl of cereal and Leroy calling her greedy. It hurt her feelings or so I thought. Once she got the cereal, she was okay. Anyway I felt like he was a big bully and how dare he hurt her feelings! Now think about it..........does that sh*t make any sense? Today, to me, it doesn't. Yesterday, it did.

As far as his daughter goes. I'm just glad she called at all. It has been a LONG time and I know how badly he feels about not having contact with her.

Children are selfish you know. Jamila is, so is his daughter Markeda. Parents are endless sources of whatever they feel they need. Jamila had already had two bowls of cereal, but I'm sure she never considered one of her sisters or brothers might have wanted another bowl, and by the same token I'm sure Markeda has never considered that we already pay her Mother $350 a month in child support, and we truly have no extra money. Had I known this would have came up, I could have started saving a long time ago. I told Leroy that it would probably be possible, now that she is 18, that we could make those checks out to her and she could use that for the car, but he said that wouldn't be enough (yet I don't know why not!). You see we are only obligated to pay child support now, until she graduates high school which is probably 2 semesters. I don't know what he plans to do. He even talked about selling his truck (which is his pride and joy).

So.....as you can see......relationships already aren't easy, add a mix of kids, even the mix of races, and you have unique problems. One thing though, if you truly love someone, you communicate, comprimise, collaborate, and do what it takes to have a happy family. As long as both partners are willing to do that, it will all work out. This is my sermon for the day.......

No comments: