Friday, July 27

Home Early

I ened up having to come home early. It's like I have no energy at all. I got home about 2:30 p.m., and slept until Leroy got home about 4:30. I have laid out hamburger meat and really should think of what I can do with it., but it may go in the fridge and I amy order pizza. One thing that is NOT suffering is my appetite. I managed to grill lemon pepper chicken last night. We had a big storm and our electricity got knocked out for quite a while, and the gas grill was out of gas, so Leroy went in the storm to get gas so we could have dinner. I grilled the chicken and some corn and the kids loved it.

I want to go to the beach again tomorrow, so I hope I perk up. I've also been wanting to cook a pot of pinto beans with smoked turkey wings, and cornbread. I haven't cooked a good pot of beans for quite a while. I remember a time when I was 19 years old and living with this young man (no one important), that all we had to eat most of the time was beans and potatoes. I was living in Lamont, CA and working in a potatoe shed. We lived with his Mom (who spent all her time in the local bar to get away from all the kids). He had 3 or 4 of his grown brothers and sisters living there too. We were really poor obviously, the potatoes were free, and what little money we made at the potatoe shed we usually drank up. Damn I was stupid when I was young. The worst part was, I was really bright and could have accomplished anything at a young age. Instead I have to waste all those years. BUT, if I can help someone else by sharing those mistakes so that maybe they won't make them, then it will have been worth it.

No comments: