Wednesday, July 4

Our Day....

We have had a wonderfully peaceful day.....I grilled hamburgers (our favorite), smoked sausage, and pork steak (only I eat pork), and we had potatoe salad, chips and dip, and baked beans. Leroy spent his time ==while I was cooking== fixing things around the house, and then we watched a movie on HBO after we ate. A good day so far, even though there is thunder and lightening that is threatening to postpone our fire works this evening.

Joy called and sked me yesterday for money to get "medicine" for a bladder infection she says she was diagnosed with last Monday (yeah right). Then this morning she called and said they had to get out of the motel where that asshole has had her and the other girl. I suggested she go to Metropolitan Ministries ( a homeless shelter and program). They really do have a good program there.

She has been acting so lovely dovey.........such a freakin' obvious plan to attempt to get cash or whatever else.

Ah well.......Hope your day is going or went well too ;-)

My "quit smoking" patch seems to be working fair....I smoked half a cigarette today, but it made me sick, so I may not try that again for a while. I really could use something sweet though. I wish we had a ice cream shop near here. I may ride down to the grocery store and pick up some of that new kind everyone is talking about (if I remember the name I'll put it on here later).

Well, I think I will go read what other people are doing today.....

I want to go to the beach again this weekend. I'm trying to get plenty sun before our vacation to Mississippi---August 3rd!

No comments: