Monday, July 2

Great Day.....

I know the whole world is just waiting for me to post what I am going to make for dinner. Can't wait can ya'???? Okaaaaaaayyyyy, I'll tell you.....tonight we will be having meat loaf, tater tots, corn, and a salad. Watermelon will be for desert. Happy now? ;-)

I had a good day. The young men in the latest Pulling for Progress class for noncustidial parents are alright. There are a couple who are exceptionally bright. That is good, but doesn't match well for my class. It's a life skills and job readiness training, and when you get folks that are really bright, they don't think I can teach them anything. I'm a witness that you can always learn. I learn from them sometimes. It is really a great program. It allows men and women (who are obligated to pay child support) to get skills as a cable technicians and have the ability to earn a wage that will allow them to support their children and still be able to live. My section of this class only lasts a week, the first week. It is my job to prepare them mentally for the class and the job. After my class, the technical training only takes 5 weeks, and one week of OJT, they take the Bisci exam (that is a cable tech certification) and are placed in positions. The rules in the class are strict. You have to be on time, have your shirt tucked in, hats off, be respectful, etc. Some make it, some don't, but they can never say they were not given the opportunity.

Well I think I will post this and then go stare at my new design which I just love ;-)!!!

No comments: