Tuesday, June 26

Step One: Admitted we were powerless over alcohol, that are lives have become unmanageable.

Admitting that I am powerless over anything has always been a problem for me. I am a control freak from the word go. Am I powerless over alcohol????? Can I drink like a "normal person? Can I drink without it being a problem? Once I get started can I stop? The truth of the matter is I can drink like a "normal" person for a while. A short while. Then I start needing more to get a buzz (that goes on for a while) and then I don't want to stop once I start. At this point I don't know if I "could" because I don't "want" to. So at this point does alcohol have control, am I powerless over it? Yes, I am.

Next point.....Admit that my life has become unmanageable. Was it ever manageable? Is anyone in total control over their life? We can be to a certain extent, but life kind of controls itself in certain respects. We cannot control everything that happens to us. We can attempt to manage with what we have to manage with. At the point where I was drinking was my life unmanageable? Well I ended up in freaking jail based on a decision I made while under the influence of alcohol, so I would damn well say it was pretty freaking unmanageable. I cannot take sole responsibility for what happened, but I may not have made the choices I did that night had it not been for my being under the influence. So whose fault was it? Mine---I was obviously out of control--*OUCH* that hurts!

I truly believe that without the help of God, my life is unmanageable. Now, I have to read in the Big Book, the chapter to the Agnostics and look for sections able an unmanageable life, and powerlessness.

Am I in control now..........................H*LL no!! God is ;-)!

No comments: