Monday, June 18

Okay it's finally evening time ;-)

Girls (8, 6 and 3) have taken a bath. Georgie (9) is getting in now. Jacob (14) is finishing up folding the laundry. I have made a pot roast with potatoes, onions and carrots. I was going to make corn bread (I like Jiffy Mix), but there was only one box and for our family we need two..........so, again, I am making biscuits and probably a salad. Mixed fruit for dessert. Georgie made Jello tonight that we will have tomorrow. I've never seen a child who liked to cook and/or eat as much as George!

Update on Joy (18 and screwing her life up!).............letters and phone calls keep coming about all the checks she has bounced. I estimate about $500 so far. I give them her address, which won't be her address long because she is getting evicted, and send the mail back with her address on it. I worry, but I can't trip too much on it. I have these five here to worry about.

Things are going a lot smoother since I stopped drinking. I don't know if it will always be okay, but right now, things are a lot better. I love those freakin' meetings I am going to. It is really funny how much I have in common with those folks. At first I didn't think I did, but now it seems like every time someone talks, I can relate to them. Here's an example.....Leroy was looking at new trucks and we can't afford one, so I figured if he got one without asking me, I would tell him if he didn't take it back I would go get a bottle of Chardonnay. I told this to a guy at the meeting, He said "that makes sense, if he didn't do what you wanted, you'ld *drink at him*". Is that hilarious or what!

No comments: