Wednesday, August 8

What A Great Time

We had a wonderful time in Gulfport/Biloxi, Mississippi. I would highly recommend it and especially Captain Ed's Cottages!!! We stayed in a poolside apartment that sleeps 8 people. Everything was provided in the kitchen for cooking, etc. It was so cozy. We were right across from the beach as well.

The highlight of the vacation was, of course, being able to see my Sister Paula and her family. What a great reunion! I guess I was a little nervous before they got there (we arrived first), but then it was like that it was always okay. We talked, cooked, went to the beach, the pool and took the kids to an amusement park. My poor little niece Brianna was sick the whole time, but was a real little trouper and I think she had fun in between boughts of illness. She is only 5. Then there was my Nephew---Dalton. He just turned three (which is the same age as Destiny). What a sweet little boy. I think he really liked Jacob.

Of course Leroy and Paula's husband Brian, got along famously. They talked about trucks and heavy equipment, and what ever else men talk about that most women couldn't care less about. He was a great guy. For some reason that surprised me (I hate to admit that), I guess I thought that no one could be good enough for my little sister, but he is really a good fella', and a perfect husband and father by the looks of things. I am so happy for them. They have such a lovely family, and we enjoyed the time we spent together so much! I wish there was a way we could do that every year. It really could be done fairly inexpensively, and 3 nights, four days, seems to be plenty time to have fun and enjoy. Will have to see.........

First Day of School

Leroy and I are still on "vacation", he is still asleep and I got up early and got the kids ready for school and took them down there. The school is only 2 blocks away. I took them each to their classrooms and met their teachers. George is in 4th grade now, Jamila in 3rd, and Lee Lee is 1st. I didn't get Destiny in HeadStart this year, but she will be able to go next year.

I am so glad uniforms are not mandatory this year. Then you have to buy regular clothes and uniforms and when you have a lot of kids that can become expensive.

Getting back to normal.......

Now that we are home and the kids are back in school, I need to start working on getting this back situated. I am going to make my first cup of coffee for the morning, and start working on my Quicken (home accounting) to see, how well (or not) that I did on my budget. I already have clothes washing, and I want to spend some time today getting this house in order. Then, I think, I will plan on cooking a big dinner. Might make that pot of beans I've been wanting to cook for quite a while. That sounds good......pinto beans with smoked turkey wings and cornbread.

Leroy told me all I had to do was make a list and he would do stuff I need done around the house. Cool, huh?!?!? I think I would even like to get a couple of rooms painted. We have 5 whole days before we go back to work...............

No comments: