Sunday, April 8

Okay here is the latest problem. I have AOL and recently they have offered a DSL line. So, being of an impatient nature, I was very excited about the opportunity. I signed up, waited month after recieving confirmation that the line was ready, and started calling AOL Plus technical support who would then refer me to AOL Shop Direct, who would then refer me back to Technical Support, and this went on for three weeks before one guy had enough sense to check with his supervisor, who could tell me the DSL modem was on back order.

Finally the modem got here. I hooked it up with no results. It was not connecting to the network. I spent 7 hours on the phone with technical support last weekend, finally then said they would do a "truck roll" where a technician would come to my house Thursday, April 5th between 12 and 5. In the mean time.....I turned off my computer one morning, turned it back on in the morning and all of a sudden the modem was connected to the network! I was excited! I went to log on and it got all the way up and kicked back off, saying it was unable to connect. Naturally I tried this several times. At this point I called back to technical support who mentioned that if I have a home alarm system, this could be causing this problem. I have no idea why this was not mentioned before. Regardless, took off work early and waited Thursday for the technician who, of course, was a NO SHOW.

Now I have scheduled for my alarm company to come out and make the adjustments to my alarm system to be able to put a filter on the line and hopefully solve my problem. By the way........this will cost me $100, and I am not even sure it will work. Yesterday, I called back to Technical Support and rescheduled the "truck roll" for Wednesday. Hopefully everything will be already fixed by then as the alarm company is coming on Monday, but I am covering all my bases.

So as you can see.....this DSL shit has been a pain in the ass. They say is it worth it, but I don't know. My connection today is at the speed of a turtle so I certainly hope so. Oh, BTW, AOL has given me 2 free months for my trouble. Big Friggin' DEAL!

No comments: