Friday, April 20

Now here is the ultimate in frustration. I have a home AOL account. My work as an AOL account. AOL allows you to have seven screen names. Since I usually leave my account open all day, I don't use my work account screen name to log on, I use my home one. I have installed a separate AOL for this which is listed in my directory as (b). So I just stay online using that most of the day. Now a woman at work today was attempting to log on to our work account and she asked me if I was logged on, because she couldn't get on. I said, no I was logged on to my home account and she swore that was keeping her from logging on to the work account. I went to her computer and showed her that another screen name from our work account was logged on and that was why she was unable to log on, but she insisted that I log off. Well, I did knowing that it would make no difference, but she was able to log on because the other work screen name had logged off. So, she thought that just proved her point. I was trying to explain how it works and she just would not listen.

So, I went to AOL billing and pulled up a detailed billing report which showed the person who had been logged on had just logged off before she tried to log on again. I was online under my home screen name and account. I wrote her a memo telling her I could not function like this, highlighted the offending log on which could have been a guy who is at a conference in Atlanta or his girl friend (I don't know and don't care). By the way...AOL can show exactly when someone is on and when they go off etc.

She also thinks I knock her offline from home! I am so pissed and frustrated!

No comments: