Tuesday, April 3

Did I ever tell you about my teenage daughter? She was always a pain and then it got worse. I love her, but it is hard to believe she is actually my child. If I were a man I would have serious doubts. Anyway.......she got pregnant at 14, had her baby at 15, but started doing better at that point. Graduated 8th Grade at 16, and went to Job Corp. She had kept her own baby until she went to Job Corp. Did well there, came home, got a car, got a job, got an apt, got a bank account. We decided it would be best to leave the baby with me at that point. Then she lost her job, lost another job, met a jerk. She is working now, but not getting enough hours to survive. I have told her to get another job, that I would help her, but she chooses to sleep late with the nonworking jerk. She had a little bit of money in the bank. Enough to pay her rent and bills. It is the first of the month and she just gave her land lord her rent, but when I checked her account online, she doesn't have enough money to cover the check.

Now she could have been going to day labor until she found work or until her job picked up. Or coming to see me about alternative employment, but she has not done that. Now she is in deep shit, but of course she knows it all.

Now some people would think I was wrong by not helping her, but remember I have 5 other children at home, including her child. And...........if she gets evicted then she will just have to learn the consequences to her actions. She had the money. She blew it, and now she will just have to figure it out. Wonder if the jerk will help her? Lessons sometimes come very hard earned!

No comments: