Wednesday, June 5

Fights

Well both my boys got into fights last evening. I don't approve of fighting but sometimes you just gotta do, what you gotta do. Jake was fighting a BIG boy. No one stopped them, but no one "won" the fight. I believe Jake could have beat that boy's tail. He's a big bully. I feel sorry for him because his mother and dad are both dead, but his behavior is usually very poor.

George ended up getting into a fight with his brother. The brother called George a redneck and said the f word.

You know it's strange having a mixed family sometimes. Jake is white, but he lives primarily in a black culture. His brothers and sisters are mixed, his dad is black. I wonder sometimes if he feels like I do. Not really a total part of any racial group, but part of the over all human race. Jake and I have discussed how we feel that "African American" functions, clubs, etc. is a form of separatism and how we feel left out. I don't think a lot of folks would understand that. I know Leroy doesn't. He just emphasizes what the other race does. Ah well................someday....................

No comments: