Tuesday, January 22

Jamila Quotes

At the dinner table the other night Georgie was asking his Dad if he had ever seen signs that said "FOR BLACKS ONLY". His dad told him that what it really used to say was either "WHITES ONLY" or "COLORED ONLY". I asked my children how that felt about that, and they indicated that it really did not efffect them, but just then Jamila said "Mommy where would we sit on the bus cause we are mixed?"

I thought this was hilarious.................

Then.............

This morning I was picking out clothes for my girls and I gave them each a dress. No one had any problems except Jamila. I gave her a pinkish dress with flowers and a white collar. She said "Mommy, this color doesn't look good with my brown skin. This dress is for white girls" I, eventually let her change............heaven forbid she should not wear the right colors!

No comments: