Sunday, December 9

Life Changing Experience

The service leadership training I have just completed was unlike anything I have ever experienced before. It was not what I expected and the results were much more than I could have imagined.

We all took a Myers Briggs test thingy. Later I will look that up and put a link here. I found out that I was a ESFJ. I will describe that later as well. I want to mention a few things though first thing this morning.

First of all, I have been to tons of conferences and trainings. This is the first one I went to as a sober person. It made a big difference. No hang overs, etc. was great, but the location of the training at "The Woods" in West Virginia was the so AWESOME it is hard to describe. I put a link here before I left and I would HIGHLY recommend anyone going there for a vacation, scheduling a training there, or a personal retreat. My room's tub was a jacuzzi and I had a fireplace in my room. The air was fresh and full of pine in the evenings. The food was excellent and the staff wonderful. If you call there, ask for Mary. She even got me some free homemade apple butter!

The training itself included a lot of cultural competence and made me aware of lots of things I am now working on improving. One thing in particular.......I have always had "no problem" with gay folks, but did not want my own children to have those inclinations. I now think it important to say that I hope my children find their soul mate and if that persons is the same sex as them, or anything else..........I would be happy for them. I want them to be happy like I am. Leroy is my soul mate, and I hope they each find theirs.

I cannot explain everything in one entry here, but I will say that a whole group of people merged in West Virginia this week. I will NEVER forget it!

No comments: