Thursday, July 25

Worry

What's really important in my life? Number one, of course, is my family. Does it make a difference what my responsiblility is at work? Folks say that as long as you're getting paid, then that is all that counts. I just tend to feel differently. I like to do a good job, and be appreciated. Is being a appreciated someone telling you, "I appreciate your work"? NO, it's not. People can say anything. Is it the money? Not really. It's being treated with respect and dignity. Having good communication at all levels. That means communicating "with" you, not "about" you. Am I happy with my job? I am happy with my work. I am NOT happy with the way things are going with management right now. I was sick while I was on my treatment (interferon and ribavirin), VERY sick. I still did my job, but not to the quality I, personally, would have liked. Yet we completed tasks in the last quarter of last year that were almost impossible.

The program I coordinate has been running effectively for 5 years under my guidance. I do not have a college degree. I was attending college and when I found out I had Hep C, I decided that school was NOT my first priority. Anyway..........now they have decided to hired a manager for my department. I could deal with that. I thought. But that manager would get MY office and I would be moved to a cubicle. Mmmmmmmmm............something is wrong with that picture.

I try to think of it as God keeping me humble, but this junk just flat bothers me. Seven years. I have learned TONS. I could probably be considered an expert on welfare reform.

My money will remain the same, but is that what it is all about?

No comments: