Monday, April 26

I guess I have posted here some about how my world turned upside down beginning with my trip to California to assist my oldest sister who had lost her youngest son (my nephew) in a freak accident.

Now..........that was August of last year, and I am just now getting to where I can work on the plagues that have bothered me since my return.

The plagues were:

Smoking

Letting my house get filthy

Drinking AGAIN

Loss of income (my old job)

Totaled my van

Smoking (other than cig)

Not eating right

Not working out

More

and more

and more

..............................

My first day back in my Church/AA program was actually the 8th of this month, April 8, 2004. I feel really good about my recovery this time. I haven't made a meeting yet, but have been in church on both Sundays and Wednesdays so far. I DO want to start going to meetings though, but this house has really suffered the worst. I am almost caught completely up with the laundry. Our dryer broke, but I am hanging the stuff outside and it's working a whole lot faster than when I was using the dryer. PLUS it will cut down on the electric bill.

I have chosen today to be the day I start getting back into eating right. I really need to make it to the YMCA though, before this week is over!

So, ladies and gentlemen, God is not finished with me yet!!! I'm just so glad that He is still there for me through thick and thin.

The oven timer just went off................................................anyone for roasted chicken!!

No comments: