Thursday, March 13

Prayer. I pray like God is sitting next to me and I have some stuff to tell Him. I've never done a lot of formal praying. My prayers generally consist of thank God for individual things he has done in my and my families life, praying for folks (forgetting half or more of the ones that need the prayer), and praying to live in His will. I pray lots of times during the day as I think of things. Probably 10 times a day, a lot of which is "thank you Lord" type of thing or praying to have the right things to say to people.

I feel it's important to be more organized with my prayer. Like do a list and pray for folks. Also, my devotions. I saw where the Pastor's wife had written hers down and she had said she wrote down what the Lord said to her in that section of the Word. I like that idea, but if I do it on my own, I don't think I will stick to it.

Anyway...............I am not where I would like to be in these areas, I am okay, but is okay enough....................It probably would be for me alone, but God wants me to bring his Word to other folks, so I need to be in the right place with Him to bring the right Word.

In church last night, I got a kind of a revelation that if I wanted to know what God wanted me to do, I needed to study His word. Now that may not be significant to some folks, but it was a light bulb moment for me! It was like God was say, DUUUUHHH.

Wow...........I talk a lot.................Have a great day...........

No comments: